AIS140 Benefits for Single and Multiple Fleet Owners
09 March 2023
AIS-140 is a GPS-based vehicle tracking system that has been developed specifically for the Indian market. It was developed by the Indian government's Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) as a mandatory requirement for all public transport vehicles, including buses, taxis, and school vans.
AIS-140 GPS vehicle tracking system is equipped with a set of features that are designed to enhance the safety and security of public transport vehicles. These features include real-time tracking, geofencing, overspeeding alerts, panic button, fuel monitoring, and engine immobilization.
In terms of fleet management, AIS-140 GPS vehicle tracking system can help in several ways:
- Real-time tracking: Fleet managers can access real-time location data of all vehicles in the fleet, allowing them to monitor the whereabouts of the vehicles and ensure that they are on schedule.
- Geofencing: Managers can set up virtual boundaries around specific locations, and receive alerts if a vehicle goes outside the boundary. This can help in preventing unauthorized vehicle usage and ensuring that vehicles are used only for authorized purposes.
- Over-speeding Alerts: Fleet managers can set speed limits for vehicles, and receive alerts if a vehicle exceeds the limit. This can help in preventing reckless driving and reducing the risk of accidents.
- Panic button: Vehicles are equipped with a panic button, which can be used in case of an emergency. When the panic button is pressed, an alert is sent to the fleet manager, who can then take appropriate action.
- Fuel monitoring: Fleet managers can monitor the fuel consumption of vehicles and take appropriate action to reduce fuel costs.
- Engine immobilization: In case of theft, the engine of the vehicle can be immobilized remotely, which can help prevent the thieves from using the vehicle.
Overall, AIS-140 GPS vehicle tracking system can be a valuable tool for fleet managers, as it provides a wide range of features that can help in enhancing the safety and security of the vehicles, and improving the efficiency of fleet management.